For the first time in a NATO and European Union capital, Lithuanians were pictured sheltering
Citește mai mult
Lawmakers questioned the timing and the lack of detailed justification for the Secret Service’s request
Citește mai mult
Video of the incident appeared to show someone kneeling on Yves Sakila’s head or neck
Citește mai mult
The artwork, called La Caverne du Pont Neuf, is a tribute to a Parisian artistic legend
Citește mai multMoD says Russian warplanes came as close as six metres to RAF jets, triggering onboard emergency systems
Citește mai mult
Cuba shot down two Brothers to the Rescue U.S. civilian planes in 1996, killing four Cuban Americans and drawing swift condemnation from the U.S. and the international community.
Citește mai mult
The Trump administration hollowed out USAID last year, but the State Department denied the changes have hampered its response.
Citește mai mult
The Senate voted to move forward with a resolution to force President Donald Trump to end the war in Iran, a breakthrough for the Democratic-led effort.
Citește mai multAre gas prices declining? NBC News is tracking national, state and county prices at the pump.
Citește mai mult
How much gas prices have increased during the Iran war depends entirely on where you live, an NBC News analysis of average gas price data from AAA shows.
Citește mai mult
Dr Peter Stafford’s wife and four children are also being monitored for symptoms amid Ebola outbreak in CongoAn American doctor who contracted Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has been flown to Germany for treatment, along with his wife and four children, as the World Health Organization warned of the “scale and speed” of the outbreak.Authorities have reported at least 134 suspected deaths and more than 500 cases of the hemorrhagic Bundibugyo virus, which has no approved treatments or vaccines. The outbreak, which has spread into urban areas, has been declared a public health emergency requiring international response. Continue reading...
Citește mai mult
US secretary of state says WHO was ‘a little late’ in identifying deadly Ebola outbreak in the DRC and UgandaThe US secretary of state, Marco Rubio, said on Tuesday that the World Health Organization (WHO) was “a little late” in identifying the deadly Ebola outbreak in the the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda.On Tuesday, Rubio told reporters: “The lead is obviously going to be CDC [Centers for Disease Control] and the World Health Organization, which was a little late to identify this thing unfortunately.” Continue reading...
Citește mai mult
WHO chief said he was ‘deeply concerned’ after at least 500 suspected Ebola cases and 130 deaths reported in outbreak of Bundibugyo strain‘It’s heartbreaking’: panic in eastern DRC over return of EbolaGlobal health leaders are considering whether vaccines or medicines still in development could be used to fight Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as the World Health Organization’s chief said he was deeply concerned by the outbreak’s speed and scale.Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said there had been at least 500 suspected cases of Ebola and 130 suspected deaths in DRC since the new outbreak began – up from about 200 cases and 65 deaths when it was announced on Friday. Continue reading...
Citește mai mult
Conflict, mistrust and delayed detection could complicate response to emergency caused by Bundibugyo variantTo be around the centre of an Ebola outbreak is to become used to the smell of chlorine. At hospitals and government buildings, surfaces are sprayed with it and hands washed in a 0.05% solution that can kill the virus in 60 seconds.Infrared handheld thermometers take temperatures at airports and border crossings. Any indication of a fever prevents passage. Contact-tracing teams crisscross the countryside. Continue reading...
Citește mai mult
Trump has repeatedly made false claims that white Afrikaners facing genocide with costs of resettling them at $100mThe US government has said it will increase the number of white South Africans it admits as refugees this year from about 7,500 to 17,500, claiming that “unforeseen developments in South Africa created an emergency refugee situation.”Since starting his second term in office last year, Donald Trump has repeatedly made false claims that white Afrikaners are racially targeted and face a “white genocide”, which South Africa’s government has furiously rebutted. Continue reading...
Citește mai mult